IEEE Smart Village Next Generation (ISVx) Student Paper Competition 2023
Topic: Poverty Alleviation in Africa by System of Systems Approach – Technologies, Applications, Benefits and Challenges
|Call for submissions||August 12, 2023|
|Extended Submission deadline (firm)||September 15, 2023|
|Author notifications||September 31, 2023|
|Award ceremony||During PAC 2023 (look out for the date on the conference program)|
You can prepare your paper in Microsoft Word or LaTeX format. All submissions must follow the IEEE conference template which can be accessed at https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html
CATEGORIES OF PARTICIPATION
- Category A: Undergraduate and Postgraduate students
- Category B: High school students
ELIGIBILITY OF PARTICIPATION
All authors must be currently registered at an institution of learning at the time of submitting the paper.
LEVELS OF PARTICIPATION
- Individual paper
- Group paper with a maximum of five authors
Length of paper: 5 – 8 pages (double-column according to IEEE conference template)
LINKS FOR PAPER SUBMISSIONS
Kindly submit your paper for the contest to Track 9 – ISVx Student Paper using (link will be provided soon).
Note that the link above only accepts PDF documents. Only one submission is required in the case of a group paper. If you are new to EasyChair, you would need to first create an account before making your submission.
The following prizes/awards shall be given to the winners and their host institutions:
1. Undergraduate and Postgraduate Category
|First Place||Student award: $500 + Plaque||Host institution award: Plaque|
|Second Place||Student award: $300 + Plaque||Host institution award: Plaque|
|Third Place||Student award: $200 + Plaque||Host institution award: Plaque|
2. High School Category
|First Place||Student award: $225 + Plaque||Host institution award: Plaque|
|Second Place||Student award: $200 + Plaque||Host institution award: Plaque|
|Third Place||Student award: $175 + Plaque||Host institution award: Plaque|
- Plaques shall be presented to the winners and their host institution during the conference.
- Winners are expected to start ISVx-SBs at their institutions of learning where such do not exist already.
- The first-place winner in Category A will receive travel grant to Kigali.
For further enquiries please contact:
- Mary: email@example.com
- Desire: firstname.lastname@example.org