ISV NEW TALENT PROGRAM - WHY APPLY?
Award recipients should note that they will have to pay their own conference registration fees. As an awardee, you will be provided the ISV registration code which will give you access to ISV’s special reduced registration fee.
At the IEEE Power Africa Conference, you will meet with members of the Smart Village Leadership that can guide you to become a Smart Village Energy Entrepreneur. At the Workshop you will network with a new generation of Smart Village Entrepreneurs that are building and operating successful and sustainable micro-utility businesses across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the rest of the world. You get an opportunity to be mentored by the old ISV friends, get insights into latest sustainable business practices.
This is a highly competitive opportunity. Only a few candidates will be awarded solely determined by Smart Village based on the merits of the application and perceived need. Smart Village support will be dedicated to providing the following:
- Purchase of a 4 day data plan to enable attendance to all the virtual conference proceedings.
- Attendance to PAC tutorials.
- Assistance with access to electricity for the conference period.
- Rare opportunity to meet and greet IEEE Senior Leadership
- Chance to take part in the “Meet the Entrepreneur” competition.
- Avenue to present your potential project proposal for funding consideration.
Award recipients should note that they will have to pay their conference registration fees. Scholarship support will be awarded to the winners on a reimbursement basis, according to IEEE policy, subsequent to the conference upon submission of expense reports with documented receipts.