ISV NEW TALENT PROGRAM - WHO CAN APPLY?
Pursue your passion! Give back to the community!
Follow your dreams and make choices which help others.
The IEEE Smart Village (ISV) New Talents Program supports talented individuals who aspire to become Smart Village Developers. Our Developers are passionate entrepreneurs working to provide electricity and make effective use of energy in the most vulnerable communities in the world.
ISV provides leadership opportunities and financial support to participate in the IEEE PowerAfrica Conference 2022 and Smart Village Workshops by August 22nd to 27th, 2022.
At the PAC2022 event, New Talents will meet members of the ISV leadership and funded Developers that can guide them to become a Smart Village Energy Entrepreneur. At the Workshops New Talents will network with a generation of ISV project managers that are building and operating successful and sustainable micro-utility business across Africa and India.
Be a leader for a new generation!
The ISV program is built to help you become a leader. The ideal candidate:
- Understands and embraces ISV’s three pillars: Electricity, Education and Enterprise
- Demonstrates startup experience with success
- Builds respectful relationships with communities and treat them as working partners, not charity cases
- Establishes respectful relationships with authorities at the village, state and national levels
- Creates an excellent management team with business, technology, and education components
- Develops a clear vision of a business plan capable of reaching at least a million people in five years
- Foresees the ability to attract investment capital for growth after a successful pilot
- Envisions an ownership plan that includes and incentivizes community members as business partners
- Willing to collaborate with holistic partners in addressing other critical needs.
- Passionately dedicates themselves to tackle the daunting challenges along the way.
To apply, kindly fill this Google form.
The submission deadline is June 27th, 2022
The successful applicants will be notified of the results after July 15th, 2022. Incomplete or late application materials will not be considered. Selection decision is final, there is no appeal process. Successful applicants will need to register for the Power Africa conference themselves and will be eligible to pay a special ISV reduced fee. For further information, please contact email@example.com.