Student Travel Support to PAC23
We are delighted to announce the Student Author Travel Grant, which aims to support approximately 20 African student authors attending the Power Africa Conference. The IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES) and Industry Applications Society (IAS) will provide a maximum of 700 USD each to the selected students
This grant is intended to address student concerns and promote African student participation at the conference. It will cover registration fees at the student rate, transportation, accommodation, and on-ground facilitation. While the selected students will need to cover their travel expenses to Marrakech, Morocco, they will be reimbursed after the conference.
To be eligible for the grant, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or postgraduate student at an African university.
- Possess an active IEEE student membership.
- Hold a valid PES or IAS membership.
- Be an African citizen.
- Submit an accepted paper to the Power Africa Conference as an author (Paper ID required).
- Justify and provide documentation demonstrating the lack of financial support from faculty advisors or other sources.
- Participate as a speaker, panelist, or tutorial instructor.
To Apply, please kindly complete the form: https://forms.gle/8tEgFhj53cfHGM6HA
The application deadline is September 21st, 2023, by 12 PM GMT, and the announcement of the selected recipients will be made on or before October 3rd, 2023.
- Satisfaction of the eligibility requirements.
- Uniqueness and quality of the application.
- Submission of all necessary supporting documents.