2020 IEEE PES/IAS PowerAfrica Conference – Venue Change due to COVID-19 Concerns
The IEEE PES/IAS PowerAfrica Conference organizing committee, along with IEEE PES/IAS leadership, places the health and safety of our members and participants first and foremost.
After studying and evaluating the announcements, guidance, and news released by relevant governmental and health authorities, we are pivoting from an in-person event and adopting a fully virtual format. The dates and schedule for the meeting are unchanged, namely 25-28 August 2020, but all activities will take place on-line. Information of the virtual platform will be confirmed shortly.
What this means specifically for conference participants is the following:
- Submitted papers: If you have already submitted your paper, you do not need to do anything at the moment. In due time, if your paper is accepted, we will provide you information on how you will present your paper to the PowerAfrica community. Authors will need to adhere to the same guidelines for presentation as part of the virtual event to be permitted publication within IEEE Xplore.
- Papers not submitted yet: If you have not submitted your paper yet, we are extending the deadline to May 24th, 2020 to accommodate disrupted schedules, as well as to welcome individuals who can now publish without a need to travel.
- Conference attendees: The organizing committee is preparing a diverse and engaging program of keynote presentations and tutorials, to complement the technical program. Same content and quality, simply different delivery.
- Registration: The registration fees are expected to be lower than in previous years. Specific numbers will be posted as soon as available.
- Participants from Kenya: The committee has received tremendous support from regional stakeholders, from industry, utilities, government, and universities. The committee appreciates this engagement and looks forward to working with all conference stakeholders to make PowerAfrica 2020 as successful as possible.
We extend our heartfelt thanks and appreciation to all of our technical community for your understanding and community engagement. Although the 2020 IEEE PES/IAS PowerAfrica cannot be held physically, the integrity and quality of the content will remain, now experienced in a virtual environment.
At the same time, plans are already underway for an in-person PowerAfrica 2021, in the June 2021 timeframe, in Nairobi, Kenya.
Thank you for your support of our shared mission to be the leading provider of scientific and engineering information on electric power and energy for the betterment of society.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions you may have.
|Virtual Conference Date||August 25th-28th, 2020|
|Extended Paper Submission Deadline|
|Notification of Acceptance (only for papers submitted by April 17)||May 31, 2020|
|Camera-Ready Paper (only for papers submitted by April 17)||June 15, 2020|
|Notification of Acceptance (only for papers submitted after April 17)||June 30, 2020|
|Camera-Ready Paper (only for papers submitted after April 17)||July 12, 2020|
|Notification of Acceptance (only for papers submitted after May 24)||July 18, 2020|
|Camera-Ready Paper (only for papers submitted after May 24)||July 30, 2020|
|Author Registration Deadline||July 31, 2020|