The IEEE Power and Energy Society (PES), Industrial Applications Society (IAS) and IEEE Kenya Section are pleased to announce Call for Papers for the 7th IEEE PowerAfrica 2020 Conference to be held in Kenya during August 25th -28th, 2020.
PowerAfrica 2020 is a premier conference providing a forum for research scientists, engineers, and practitioners to present and discuss latest research findings, ideas, and emerging technologies and applications in the area of power systems integrations, business models, technological advances, policies and regulatory frameworks for the African continent. The conference will feature keynote addresses and invited presentations by distinguished scientists and engineers. Technical papers are solicited on any subject pertaining to the scope of the conference, which includes, but is not limited to, the following major topics:
Advances in Energy Systems
- Renewable energy resources, grid integration
- Electric transportation, energy harvesting and storage technologies
- Smart grids, micro-grids, metering design and cyber security
- Grid integration technologies – IoT, cloud and fog computing
- Energy efficiency for residential, commercial and industrial applications
- Power system planning, energy pricing policies, and retail markets
- Monitoring and evaluation of rural/urban power projects
- Challenges and opportunities of accessible power, privatization, policy, and tariffs
- Electrical safety, power system protection & standards
- Power engineering education
Innovations in Components and Systems
- Power electronic converters and control systems
- Power conversion topologies, modulation and control
- Modeling and control of components, converters and systems
- Electric machines, drive systems and topologies
- Passive components and materials
- Power electronic packaging, integration and advanced manufacturing
- Reliability, advanced fault protection systems, diagnostics, prognostics and equipment health management
- FACTS, power quality, EMI and EMC
The Conference solicits original state-of-the-art contributions as well as review papers. Manuscripts should be at most Five (5) pages maximum in IEEE two-column format and must be submitted in PDF format via the Conference web-site. Accepted, peer-reviewed papers may be published in the Conference proceedings. Please note all papers MUST be presented at the conference in order to be included in IEEE Xplore. If you do not present your paper at the conference, it will not be posted to Xplore however it will be an IEEE copyrighted and published paper as it will be in the conference proceedings.
Please visit here to view the topics of interests for the Conference.
2020 IEEE PES & IAS POWER AFRICA CONFERENCE
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CAMERA-READY SUBMISSION
Please read the following steps carefully:
Steps for Camera-ready submission:
- Create your manuscript(s).
- Proof-read and check the format of your manuscript (do this before going to IEEE PDF eXpress).
- Create IEEE PDF eXpress account.
- Upload source file(s) for Conversion; and/or PDF(s) for Checking
- When notified, obtain your Xplore-compatible PDF(s). The site contains extensive instructions, resources, helpful hints, and access to technical support.
- Submit the properly formatted, IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF(s) to IEEE PowerAfrica Conference website via EasyChair (use Proceedings Role).
- Submit completed Copyright Form
Final manuscripts are to be submitted in IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF format via EasyChair.
- Create your manuscript as specified in the template provided. The title, author names, affiliations, etc. should strictly follow the format. Please don’t use author titles (Dr., Prof., Ing., etc.) in front of names and avoid using positions (Professor, Lecturer, Scholar, Ing., etc.). The paper title shall be in normal fonts (NOT CAPS). You can download the IEEE Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings here.
- Proofread and check the layout of the paper. All papers submitted through EasyChair are considered to be in their final form and ready for publication. Do not submit your paper until you are ready. A good suggestion is to have a few colleagues review your paper to provide final remarks on its suitability before submitting it.
Manuscript length: 5 pages maximum. This is a strict page limit.
- Go to IEEE PDF eXpress Website. (www.pdf-express.org)
- Click “New Users – Click Here”.
- Enter 46609X for the Conference ID, your email address, and choose a new password. Continue to enter information as prompted.
- Check that the contact information is still valid and click “Submit”.
- You will receive online and email confirmation of successful account setup.
- Enter 46609X for the Conference ID, email address and password.
- Upload source file(s) for conversion
- For each conference paper, click “Create New Title”.
- Enter identifying text for paper (title is recommended but not required).
- Click “Submit PDF for Checking” or “Submit Source Files for Conversion”.
- Indicate platform, source file type (if applicable), click Browse and navigate to file, and click “Upload File”. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload.
- You will receive an email with your Checked PDF or IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF attached. If you submitted a PDF for Checking, the email will show if your file passed or failed
- If the PDF submitted fails the PDF check:
- Submit your source file for conversion by clicking Try Again, the Submit Source Files for Conversion, or
- Read the PDF Check report, then click “The PDF Check Report” in the sidebar to get information on possible solutions, or
- “Request Technical Help” through your account.
If you are not satisfied with the IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF:
- Resubmit your source file with corrections (Try Again, then Submit Source Files for Conversion), or
- Submit a PDF by clicking Try Again, then Submit PDF for Checking, or
- “Request a Manual Conversion” through your account.
If the PDF submitted passed the PDF Check, or you are satisfied with your IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF:
Submit your IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF to IEEE PowerAfrica Conference website via Easychair (use Proceedings Role). Please note that PDF Xpress only creates the PDF files for you, and you should still submit the converted “Certified by IEEE PDF eXpress” file, with an exact date and time stamp to PowerAfrica online submission system via EasyChair (Submit via PROCEEDINGS Role):
- Copyright Form
In order to be published in the conference proceedings, all accepted papers MUST be accompanied by a signed IEEE Copyright Form. Information on submitting the form coming soon!!
If you have any questions, contact IEEE PA2020 Technical Program Chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paper, Poster and Presentation Templates
- Poster presentation template – Coming Soon!
- Oral presentation template – Coming Soon!