The Seventh Annual IEEE PES/IAS PowerAfrica Conference (PAC 2020) will be held in Nairobi, Kenya from August 25 to August 28, 2020. PowerAfrica is co-sponsored by the IEEE Power and Energy Society (PES) and Industrial Applications Society (IAS).
PowerAfrica 2020 is a premier conference providing a forum for research scientists, engineers, and practitioners to present and discuss latest research findings, ideas, and emerging technologies and applications in the area of power systems integrations, business models, technological advances, policies and regulatory frameworks for the African continent. The conference will feature keynote addresses and invited presentations by distinguished scientists and engineers.
Previous editions of the conference have been held in Johannesburg, South Africa (’07 and ’12), Livingston, Zambia (’16), Accra, Ghana (‘2017), Cape Town, South Africa (’18), Abuja, Nigeria (’19).
The 2020 edition of the Power Africa conference will be held in Nairobi, Kenya from 25th to 28th August 2020.
You will enjoy a program that covers topics such as:
Advances in Energy Systems
- Renewable energy resources, grid integration
- Electric transportation, energy harvesting and storage technologies
- Smart grids, micro-grids, metering design and cyber security
- Grid integration technologies – IoT, cloud and fog computing Energy efficiency for residential, commercial and industrial applications
- Power system planning, energy pricing policies, and retail markets
- Monitoring and evaluation of rural/urban power projects
- Challenges and opportunities of accessible power, privatization, policy, and tariffs
- Electrical safety, power system protection & standards Power engineering education
Innovations in Components and Systems
- Power electronic converters and control systems
- Power conversion topologies, modulation and control
- Modeling and control of components, converters and systems
- Electric machines, drive systems and topologies
- Passive components and materials
- Power electronic packaging, integration and advanced manufacturing
- Reliability, advanced fault protection systems, diagnostics, prognostics and equipment health management
- FACTS, power quality, EMI and EMC